Gypsy Cove

The penguins have been returning to Gypsy Cove over the last few weeks and my housemates and I have been trying to get out there to see them. Unfortunately the weather hasn’t been the best for walking around sea cliffs but today the wind died down and so we headed out for a look.

We saw penguins! They were mostly on the beach . . .


. . . but one on the first we saw was sitting in its burrow . . .



We also saw a rock shag colony:


We also saw a rock shag colony:


And there was a juvenile just below us:


It’s really beautiful at the moment because spring has come (although we did have snow this morning!) and the gorse is out in flower.

I can’t believe how lucky I am to be here . It’s incredibly beautiful and a ten minute drive from home takes me to see penguins!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sexism vs cultural imperialism

The remarkable tree lobster

Gutting the DSA with dodgy statistics