It's Been A While . . . .

Sorry I haven't written in ages. I went on holiday and had an amazing time (more on that in upcoming posts) then had one week in the Falklands to finish off things at work and say goodbye to people and places. I flew home to the news that a plane on a similar flightpath to us and in the air at the same time mysteriously dissappeared which freaked me out more than I thought possible.

I was home for a week in which time I got experimented on by my sister, went to London and had my hair highlighted (not big news for most people but pretty impressive for me as I'm as phobic about the hairdressers as normal people are about the dentists!).

The second week was spent in Spain with mum and Steve (more on that too later). I had a great time and got a bit of a tan although not too much as I was lathering on the factor 40. My antimalarials made me more sensitive to sunlight and as I'm not used to it anyway I was really paranoid.

So I got back a week ago and have spent the week doing, well, very little really. It's amazing how quickly you settle back into old routines. I'm doing my best to get motivated though. I joined the gym yesterday and got inducted today which was really good fun. I'm applying for a Masters and will have the application in within the next few days. And I'm trying to see and do as much as I can. I'm going with mum to see 'Waitinge for Godot' and the RHS garden show at Hampton Court, and I've got other things I'm hopefully going to see but haven't booked yet.

Lots to do. Still haven't done the one thing I've come back for, though, which is go down Dave's and see the house and start dealing with things. It's someting I'm not looking forward to at all. Just walking around the precinct is difficult at times and just writing this is bringing emotions to the surface which I've done well at keeping bottled up. I'm scared of crying because I don't know if I'll be able to stop. It doesn't feel like six months since he died. Not even close. The emotions haven't got any less raw. It still feels like yesterday. . . .

Anyway, I'll get on and write about my holidays which were really fun.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sexism vs cultural imperialism

The remarkable tree lobster

Gutting the DSA with dodgy statistics