Biology for Dan and Sophie: Part 0 - Introduction

These posts are primarily for Dan and Sophie to teach them some biology though if they get a wider audience then that's great. 

Dan and Sophie, I'm going to try and write in the form of questions and answers so that your mum can ask you the questions and you can try and answer them before you hear my answers. You won't be able to answer all of them but I thought it would help you to think about things if I wrote like this rather than just making a lot of essays for you to read.

If you have questions you can either put them in the comments or email them to me and I'll reply as best I can. If I'm not being clear or it's too complicated please let me know. Equally, if I'm telling you things you already know tell me and I'll make it more interesting.

What I thought I'd do is write a couple of introductory posts about biology and evolution and then I want to tell you about the different types of animals that are alive today. Starting with sponges, jellyfish and comb jellies before moving on to the more complicated (and more familiar) animals.

Once we've covered that you can tell me what you want to learn about. Biology is a massive subject and I don't know everything but I'll do my best to answer your questions. It's going to take some time and I'll produce posts when I can. You may not be interested in reading every one right now but they aren't going anywhere so you can read them whenever you want.

I hope I can show you how interesting and amazing biology is!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sexism vs cultural imperialism

The remarkable tree lobster

Gutting the DSA with dodgy statistics