There will now follow a short intermission

I'm flying to the Falklands via Chile tomorrow. The route isn't one I'd have chosen voluntarily as it takes loads longer than flying via Brize Norton and the luggage allowance is puny in comparison. But there aren't any Brize flights until mid- september and I've got to start earning money again so off I go.

The route takes me to Madrid airport, Santiago airport and then Punta Arenas where I'm stopping for a couple of nights to recoup before the final leg to the Falklands. As I've not really recovered from getting back from L.A. I thought the stop was necessary.

The point of this is that although as far as this blog's concerned I'm still in L.A. the next post about said city will in fact be posted from Stanley. I'm just getting a bit behind in my online diary!

So I will write about the Natural History Museum and the Getty Center but it will have to wait until I've caught my breath after all this flying!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sexism vs cultural imperialism

The remarkable tree lobster

Gutting the DSA with dodgy statistics