Sunrise, Sunset

The boat has its clock set one hour ahead of Falklands time, for reasons that elude me. Apparently it’s so that there’s more daylight when people are working, but seeing as they work when there’s work regardless of the hour and most of the work is done in a windowless factory, I can’t see the point other than to cause confusion for me when arranging to talk to people on the radio!

However, it does have some benefits. Namely, I get to see the sunrise as well as the sunset, which is quite unusual for me! Sunrise and sunset, dusk and dawn are - there’s no other word for it - magical. There are birds flying around, silhouettes in the pale light, and the sea and sky seem to go on for ever. Here are a few of my favourite photos I thought I’d share with you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sexism vs cultural imperialism

The remarkable tree lobster

Gutting the DSA with dodgy statistics