A bit of background

I thought you might like to know how I ended up going to the Falklands. Well, I saw an advert in New Scientist for Fisheries Observers in the Falkland Islands and realised it was exactly the sort of job I wanted. I had got a bit fed up of just learning the theory of fisheries and wanted to get some more practical experience. This job was just what I was looking for. I applied for the job and miraculously got an interview.

I went to London for the interview and although I thought it went ok, I didn't think I'd get the job. But on thursday evening (5th July) I checked my email and there in my inbox was a job offer!! I was completely shocked but overjoyed. So now I'm rushing around, trying to get all the paperwork that's needed completed so I can fly to the Falklands! They want me to leave as soon as possible, which will be the 26th July if I can get everything done in time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sexism vs cultural imperialism

The remarkable tree lobster

Gutting the DSA with dodgy statistics