Packing

I've just spent the entire evening packing. It was my first attempt and the experience has led me to revise an opinion. My least favourite activity is not clothes shopping, it's packing!

I'm allowed 54 kg and as many bags as I like (or at least that's what I've been told) but it's not when you're trying to pack enough toiletries and clothes to last a year in conditions you're not entirely sure of. It also doesn't help that every time I go on the scales to weigh my bags, my weight can change by up to 0.5kg and the bags can also change weight each time, so I have only a vague idea of how much they weigh. This was not a problem when I thought I had loads of weight to spare, but as I remember more and more things the weight is creeping up. My books weighed 10kg alone! I've removed some and put my shoes in with them (I'd originally forgotten to pack them even though they were by the bed waiting) but the weight is still 10kg or there abouts.

So far I think I've got approximately 15 kg for clothes, 10 kg for books and 20 kg for toiletries and miscellaneous. By my calculations that leaves 45 kg which leaves 9 kg for my laptop, sleeping bag and hand luggage. Hopefully it will be enough as I really don't want to go repacking everything. I've got no idea what I'd leave behind!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sexism vs cultural imperialism

The remarkable tree lobster

Gutting the DSA with dodgy statistics