Congratulations & Good Luck Party

We had my 'congratulations and good luck' party today, or, as I thought of it, my 'good riddance' party! The weather was better than we could have hoped for. The forecast was overcast, with rain in the afternoon and sun in the evening, but we had beautiful sunshine all afternoon.

Thank you to all who came, and thank you so much for the cards, gifts, and words of encouragement. Following comments regarding commenting on this blog, I've had a look at the settings and have changed them so anyone can comment. Please leave your name if you do though, as it's nice to know who's reading this!

It's strange, I've been mentally preparing to leave for the last couple of weeks, since I found out I got the job. Despite the fact that I've been organising paperwork, doing courses and endlessly shopping for things, it was giving away my two spiderplants that has really made me recognise that I'm actually going. Thanks Wendy and Betty for taking them. I hope they're not too much trouble!

It's been a busy couple of days. I'm tired and aching now, and am looking forward to a peaceful evening!

Popular posts from this blog

Sexism vs cultural imperialism

The remarkable tree lobster

Gutting the DSA with dodgy statistics