My Least Favourite Activity

This week I have mostly been spending money.

On tuesday I went into town to get my implant (took ages but hopefully it will be worth it. I've got a lovely bruise though!) and go clothes shopping. I bought some tops, trousers and thermal-wear from Millets and Kathmandu and went looking for a watch. My old watch isn't really suitable for the conditions it will be subjected to and the leather strap never seems to last very long. I asked in several jewellers for a waterproof watch that will be suitable for life in the South Atlantic on fishing boats and they kept showing me these fancy gold watches!!! If they showed me diving watches they were invariably mens and so took up my entire wrist. I found one very expensive one which I will probably get as it is the only female diver's watch I've seen. And it has glow-in-the-dark hands which is always cool! (I'm sad, I know!).

I've also been buying toiletaries while trying to exploit as many buy-one-get-one-free and 3-for-2 offers as possible. I'm trying to get enough to last me the year as toiletaries are apparently expensive in the Falklands and there is little choice. I've got some shampoo and conditioner bars from Lush which should hopefully last me most of the trip. The hardest things about buying the toiletaries is remembering what I need and figuring out how long they will last. Who times how long a tube of toothpaste lasts them?

The thing I've got to keep reminding myself is that even though the Falklands are really remote, they are still home to a few thousand people and as such I should be able to find shower gel somewhere!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sexism vs cultural imperialism

The remarkable tree lobster

Gutting the DSA with dodgy statistics