Trip on the narrowboat

I'm starting the countdown to the date when I leave (which is unknown at the moment so the count is somewhat imprecise!). Everything's turning into "the last time I . . .". Today was "the last time I go on the narrowboat". Mum, Steve and I took the narrowboat from its mooring at Sharpness up to Slimbridge where we stopped for lunch, then we went on to Saul. Nothing exciting happened but it gives me the opportunity to attach some photos and see how that works!



This is a damselfly - a Common Blue damselfly (Enallagma cyathigerum) I think.


This is a great crested grebe, which is my favourite freshwater bird.


I think this is a red-tailed bumblebee (Bombus lapidarius).

Finally, I thought I'd better show at one photo of the actual canal!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sexism vs cultural imperialism

The remarkable tree lobster

Gutting the DSA with dodgy statistics