Graduation

I've graduated (again!). I'm now a BSc, BSc (Hons), I think.

The day was lovely. It seems we've had some of the best weather in the country - in Bristol it was raining most of the day and there's flooding in parts of the south west - but in Plymouth it was beautiful. The ceremony wasn't as long as I was expecting, which was a pleasant surprise. I wasn't at all nervous until it was almost time for me to go on stage, and then I remembered I'd spent a lot of the morning tripping over my own feet, and began to worry that i'd trip and fall on stage. Luckily I didn't. I did manage to almost walk past the second guy on stage as I didn't see him until it was almost too late! Apart from that it was uneventful.

I spent the afternoon with my uncle Dave, mum and Fiona, Steve and the kids (my friends from New Zealand - hiya!). We went to the aquarium and looked at all the fish. It was really fun but a bit exhausting! Kid's have so much energy!

Getting home was uneventful. But I decided to check my email and write this before going to bed and I saw that my flight has been booked for next thursday. Suddenly this is all feeling very real.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sexism vs cultural imperialism

The remarkable tree lobster

Gutting the DSA with dodgy statistics